COVID-19 2021-2022 Plan
This page contains all major communications & information about the COVID-19 policy for the 2021-2022 school year.
2021-2021 COVID-19 Procedures
Cleaning and Sanitization:
- LCCS will continue to clean facilities in a normal fashion utilizing our cleaning service.
- Heavily-touched surfaces will be cleaned regularly.
- Students will be encouraged to wash or sanitize their hands regularly.
- LCCS will provide teachers with the necessary cleaning supplies for their rooms. Teachers are not required to clean surfaces every time students transition to/from their classrooms but must clean every day.
- All LCCS students and employees will have the option to wear face coverings; they will not be required.
- Parents who have a desire for their children to wear masks during school hours will be responsible for having that conversation with their students.
- LCCS faculty and staff will not enforce the wearing of face coverings.
- LCCS will prepare lunch in the LCCS kitchen and offer hot lunch five days a week. Lunch will be served on lunch trays through the lunch line.
- If a healthcare provider directs a student/employee to self-quarantine, LCCS must be notified immediately using the COVID-19 Communication Form located above. The student/employee must follow their physicians’ orders.
- LCCS will not notify the LCCS family of a student/employee who is under investigation for COVID-19 unless that student/employee tests positive.
- LCCS will not contact trace or mandate that other students/employees who came in contact with the positive student/employee while at school quarantine.
- Students living with a family member who has tested positive will be required to quarantine until cleared by their physician to return to school.
- LCCS students and employees who have been exposed to someone in their household (ie: parent or sibling) who has tested positive for COVID-19 must contact their healthcare provider to inquire about a quarantine timeline. He/she will need a physician's note to return to school.
- If a student/employee tests negative for COVID-19, they can return to school as soon as they are symptom free for a period of 24 hours. The student/employee must submit the negative test results to LCCS before they may return.
- If a student/employee tests positive for COVID-19, he/she must follow their physician’s orders to self-quarantine.
- Early childhood & lower school students will be assigned work to complete at home while under quarantine.
- Middle & upper school students will be able to log in to join their classes virtually while under quarantine.
- A student/employee who tests positive for COVID-19 can return to school with written permission from their physician, after being symptom free for a period of 24 hours.
- If a student/employee tests positive for COVID-19, LCCS will inform the LCCS family of the positive case via email.
- LCCS will not temperature or symptom check students, employees, visitors, or volunteers as they enter the building.
- If a student or employee has a fever of 100.0 degrees or higher, (not masked by Tylenol or Ibuprofen), vomiting, diarrhea, lice, or other potential communicable diseases (chicken pox, measles, mumps, pink eye, or strep throat), they must stay home until they are symptom-free for a period of 24 hours as per LCCS policy.
- We believe that learning happens best in community together. We look forward to resuming collaborative learning in small groups, discipleship groups, chapel, and gathering together for events without social distancing.
Head of School Email (8/11/2021)
As we enter the 2021-2022 school year, it is good to reflect on last school year. It is also positive to see the data which is now being reported on the minimal impact that COVID-19 is having on children. According to the American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP), “at this time, it still appears that severe illness due to COVID-19 is rare among children” in the U.S. This is an encouraging report that also supports what we experienced last year at LCCS.
I want to reiterate the statement made earlier that LCCS plans to open as normally as possible for the 2021-2022 school year. Above you will find information on all aspects of our COVID-19 procedures and how they apply to the 2021-2022 school year.
Head of School Email (5/15/2021)
Dear LCCS Family,
As the end of the school year rapidly approaches, we continue to be excited about the future God has in store for LCCS. We are also busy planning and preparing for the 2021-2022 school year and the remarkable things God has in store for our community. I am happy to announce that it is our plan for LCCS to return to normal operations for the 2021-2022 school year.
This year has stretched us in many ways. Thank you for your grace and understanding as we took necessary steps to navigate the year. We are thankful for God’s protection on our community and that through His grace we were able to be together for the entirety of the school year. As local and state governments continue to lift mitigation efforts, we feel confident that we can operate normally next school year. While the restrictions are lifted, we will continue to practice healthy such as regular handwashing, cleaning of surfaces, and requiring that students remain home if they are sick. See additional details on our website.
We believe that the best educational experience for our students happens together in community. I am excited for our entire community to gather once again together in the coming year.
What does this mean for a typical school day at LCCS?
enjoy working in collaboration with teachers and peers without social distancing
- benefit from volunteers regularly in the school building and their classrooms
- be able to purchase lunch five days a week
- have the option to wear a mask if they/their parents choose
Students will not:
- have their temperature taken upon arriving to school each day
- be required to wear a mask