College & Career Counseling
I am proud to serve as the school and college counselor for grades 9-12; helping students and their families as they navigate through the high school years and plan for their futures. Throughout the school year, I meet with all of the students individually to explore their unique gifts, as I help them set short and long term educational, personal and career goals. In collaboration with teachers, parents and administration, I strive to help students achieve academic success, develop social/emotional skills in response to the issues they face, and assist them as they plan for their futures.
One of my passions is to guide students in their journeys of self-discovery as they transition into young adulthood. Future planning, whether that be traditional college or other post secondary program or path to career acquisition, is a collaborative effort. While I am here to guide and provide resources, students are both encouraged and expected to take ownership of the process by researching options, registering for necessary tests, completing applications and meeting deadlines.
Some of my goals in working with students are:
- to assist them with educational, personal, career and goal planning
- to help them understand themselves and others
- to assist them in identifying and dealing with problems
- to provide crisis intervention when necessary
- to coordinate referrals to school and community support services
- to serve as a resource to students, parents, teachers, and administrators
Some reasons students see me are:
- Academic skills support
- Career exploration
- Postsecondary planning and application process
- School adjustment issues
- Coping, problem-solving, decision-making concerns
- Organizational, study and test-taking skills
- Difficulties with peer relationships and conflict resolution
- Divorce, separation, and family changes
- Experiencing loss, death, and grief
I look forward to partnering with families to help students with academic, personal/social and college/career needs. I am available to meet with parents and students. Please feel free to contact me anytime at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Tracy Habacivch, School Counselor
Lancaster-Lebanon Intermediate Unit 13