The upper school program at LCCS provides an exceptional academic program with solid biblical teaching to help students to develop their own beliefs and values based on a Christ-centered worldview. Teachers help students think critically and provide a variety of project-based activities for hands-on learning. A selection of electives are offered to enrich the student's academic education. In upper school, students are able to take honors and advanced placement courses.
LCCS offers two options for upper school education:
Traditional 5-Day Upper School
Traditional upper school students come to campus five days a week.
4-Day Upper School
Students enrolled in the 4-Day upper school program attend class four days per week (Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday). On Wednesdays they learn through teacher-directed activities with the support of a parent in the satellite classroom (at home). This program was developed to preserve and strengthen the God-ordained family relationship and achieve a high degree of academic excellence while providing quality teacher-guided instruction for all five school days.
- 180-day schedule combining the central (at school) and satellite (at home) classrooms
- 4-Day and 5-Day students attend all classes together on Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday
- On satellite classroom days (Wednesdays) students follow teacher-guided instruction under the supervision of a parent.
Upper School at a Glance
- Biblical integration into all classes
- Weekly chapel services
- Special Wednesday activities help students discover and become confident in who God has truly created them to be
- Innovation Academies: STEM, the Arts, Entrepreneurship, and Community, Outreach & Service
- Languages offered: Spanish
- AP courses offered during junior and senior years
- Class trips that center on growing in Christ and serving others
- Senior international missions trip
- Multiple club options