University-Model® Lower School
(Kindergarten - Grade 6)
LCCS offers an alternative solution for parents desiring both the gift of time with their Lower School children as well as the services of a Christian school. This additional and cost-effective program is called the University-Model®(UM). The University-Model® was developed to preserve and strengthen the God-ordained family relationship and achieve a high degree of academic excellence.
- Kindergarten through 6th grade
- 180-day schedule combining the central (at school) and satellite (at home) classrooms
- Instructional activities directed by the school's teacher and curriculum
- Students in Kindergarten meet two days in the central classroom and three days in the satellite classroom. Students in grades 1-6 meet three days in the central classroom and two days in the satellite classroom.
- UM at LCCS is accredited by Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI) and certified by University-Model® Schools International (UMSI).
Students enrolled in the University-Model® lower school program come to the central classroom (on campus) two or three days per week (depending on their grade) and learn through teacher-directed activities with a parent in the satellite classroom (at home) the remainder of the week.
UM Lower School at a Glance
- Biblical integration into all classes
- Regular chapel and service opportunities
- Small class sizes that allow for personalized attention
- Hands-on and activity-based science and math curriculum
- Comprehensive writing program to develop confident, creative writers
- Phonics-based reading program
- Specials in music, art, physical education, library, and computer
- Instrumental music lessons
- Participation in multiple concerts throughout the year
- Morning and lunch recess with additional brain breaks to release pent-up energy and maximize focus