Kindergarten – 6th Grade
Kindergarten marks the beginning of a student’s academic career and holds the promise of great things ahead! Students in LCCS’s lower school program experience a blend of fun activities that foster learning, high academic standards that infuse God’s truth into all areas of life, and a sense of community that promotes the goodness of God through service opportunities. As lower school students pursue excellence through activities designed to stretch them academically and spiritually, they develop positive habits that lay the foundation for success in middle and upper school. Developing a solid foundation in the early years of school provides stability and success as students continue to grow. We look forward to partnering with you and your lower school student!
Lower School at a Glance
- Biblical integration into all classes
- Frequent chapel and service opportunities foster a broader sense of the world
- Small class sizes that allow for personalized attention
- Hands-on and activity-based science and math curriculum
- Comprehensive writing program to develop confident, creative writers
- Phonics-based reading program
- Specials in music, art, physical education, library, and computer
- Instrumental music lessons
- Participation in multiple concerts throughout the year
- Morning and lunch recess with additional brain breaks to release pent-up energy and maximize focus.
Lower School Educational Options
Traditional lower school provides a comprehensive program with instruction provided on campus five days per week. This model seeks to help our students grow academically and spiritually through teacher interaction while partnering with parents throughout the process. While some might consider the traditional model the "ordinary" way to do school, our faculty and staff are dedicated to making LCCS an extraordinary experience.
University-Model® lower school offers an alternative solution for parents desiring both the gift of time with their children and the services of a Christian school. This model also provides exceptional academic and spiritual development through direct teacher interaction in addition to parental guidance at home. Learn more about the University-Model® here.
Lower School Course Descriptions