The early years of a child’s life hold so much wonder and creativity. It is amazing how a child’s imagination can use the simplest item to create a fun adventure. At Lancaster County Christian School, the littlest learners grow through hands-on activities that foster a love for learning as they explore their world. Preschool and pre-kindergarten students learn the dynamics of school and grow academically, physically, emotionally, and spiritually through the quality programming and loving staff in the Early Childhood program. As God’s love is infused through all facets of the school day, students develop a passion for learning while beginning to recognize that God has an amazing plan for their life. They develop goodness and leadership skills as they learn to interact well within their community. We welcome the opportunity to partner with you on this grand adventure!
Preschool (3-year olds)
Preschool is available for your 3-year-old children. To enroll, students must be age 3 by June 1. Preschool takes place on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays from 8-11:30 am.
Preschool Enrichment: Preschool students enrolled in the enrichment program extend their day until 3:10 pm to enjoy enjoy rest time, snack, and additional learning activities.
PreKindergarten (4- & 5-year olds)
Four-year-old students enrolled in PreKindergarten are introduced to major components of the story of God, creating a big picture foundation that will help develop their biblical worldview. They learn how to integrate God's love and truth into daily life. To enroll, children must be age 4 by September 1.
- Two Full Days - Tuesday, Thursday - 8 am-3 pm
- Three Full Days - Monday, Wednesday, Friday - 8 am-3 pm
- Five Full Days (students are enrolled in both the two and three-day classes) - Monday through Friday - 8 am-3 pm
Early Childhood Education at a Glance
- Certified teachers
- Small class sizes in order to ensure constructive group and individualized attention
- Pre-reading curriculum
- Scripture memorization
- Thematic units
- Monthly field trips that correspond with the monthly theme
- Specials of art, music, physical education, and library
- Participation in Christmas and spring concerts