"Do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewal of your mind, that by testing you may discern what is the will of God, what is good and acceptable and perfect." Romans 12:2
The LCCS mission is inspired by this verse in Romans where Paul exhorts the Christians living in Rome to resist conformity to the world by being transformed through the renewing of their minds.
At LCCS, we seek to fulfill our mission by cultivating a proper reverence for God and teaching a biblically-based world and life view. This mission is expressed concretely through our four core values of faith, scholarship, virtue, and community. The result of the consistent application and reinforcement of these values in the lives of our students is extraordinarily powerful.
- Our focus on discipleship through faith in Jesus produces students who love God.
- Our focus on cultivating knowledge and wisdom through scholarship produces students who love learning.
- Our focus on cultivating excellence of character through the practices of virtue produces students who love goodness.
- Our focus on practicing servant leadership through community produces students who love others.
Our program of transformational learning through Christ is a fourteen year process from preschool through twelfth grade, and our prayerful vision is that the content and experiences of high quality Christian schooling will foster long term faithfulness in the lives and callings of our students.
Board-Owned and Directed. Lancaster County Christian School is owned and governed by a Board of Directors using Policy Governance®. The board of directors is comprised of parents, alumni, and alumni parents. Management of the school is handled by the Head of School and Administrative Team.
Christ-Centered and Interdenominational. The centrality of Christ provides the framework for the educational process at Lancaster County Christian School. All subjects are viewed through the lens of Scripture because all truth is God's truth. This learning platform leads to a broad understanding of God's purposes and enables students to properly integrate knowledge and conduct.
Lancaster County Christian School welcomes families from diverse evangelical backgrounds and does not promote denominational distinctives. School families represent nearly 100 evangelical churches throughout the area.
Preschool through 12th Grade Program. Lancaster County Christian School offers education to students in preschool (beginning at age 3) through grade 12.
Accreditation & Certifications
- Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI)
- Middle States Association Commissions on Elementary and Secondary Schools (MSA)
- Mid-Atlantic Christian Schools Association (MACSA)
- University-Model® Schools International
LCCS is also a member of Educational Records Bureau, College Board, Christian School Management, and Independent School Management.